In some circumstances you may be allowed to withdraw some of your superannuation for your dental treatment. This is know as compassionate release of super.
To access your Super to pay for your dental treatment you must meet the follow criteria:
- Meet the eligibility requirements of the compassionate grounds you are applying for
- Have not paid the expense
- Not be able to afford the expense without accessing your super
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand
- Provide all required supporting evidence and invoices/quotes
- Be with a super fund that allows for the early release of super
Medical (Treatment or Transport) Eligibility Requirements
You may be eligible for compassionate release of super to pay for necessary medical treatment or medical transport expenses for you or your dependant.
To be eligible, the medical treatment can’t be readily available through the public health system and you or your dependant must have either:
- a life threatening illness or injury
- acute or chronic pain
- acute or chronic mental illness.
More information can be found on the Australian Government’s ATO website here.
You can also call Ocean View Dental on 8231 1816 and our staff can assist you with the process.